Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment. (See specific instructions given to you with regard to taking your usual medications and other medications Dr. Miremadi may have prescribed for you. If you have ANY concerns or questions please call at least 1 Day prior to your surgery and talk to our nurse)
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. If the patient is a minor this should be the SAME adult that accompanied the minor to the consultation.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience. Or if they are taking narcotics for pain control after the surgery.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery .
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office .
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Miremadi prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Downloading Preoperative instructions
Please click on the following link to download and print pre-operative instructions (you will need adobe acrobat reader for this)